When the music is gone.

Silence falls drowning the music of the bar. There is only the rain and the silence in my head as I stare at the half empty beer in front of me and the fully empty chair beyond that.

Alone.

Alone in a bar that is getting crowded.

That is why she wanted me here so early, so either she would not have to deal with the multitude once she left or I could find some company to drown the solitude.

Rain pours down and the streets get empty as places get full with people awaiting the rain to pass, in the meantime ordering a coffee to get warm, or a cocktail to warm up.

A girl takes the sit in front of me.

"summer rain, huh?"

"huh yes…Do you mind…" I trail not watching her wet white shirt nor her dripping dark long hair, trying to avoid her sandy-green eyes.

"oh sorry, is this taken, I wont be long, I just…"

"no, its not, You can take the sit, just…I just want to be alone for a while."

"oh sorry about that, I just saw you staring at the bottle and thought, hey a big strong man like this might be in wait for a cute little girl like me to come by and steal his chair"

"big strong man?"

"what? Haven't you seen a girl flirt?"

"Not in a long time"

"Shame, say, why don't we drink this beer to the mental girl who was kind enough to leave the road open for me and take this seat in front of you?"

"Sure why not, here." - I pass her the bottle and clink with my glass.

"To my ex, who left 20 minutes ago"

"Ouch, so, I am just stepping on a fresh corpse right now?"

"A corpse is a corpse, it won't feel a thing if you step on it or you shoot it one more time"

"A corpse might not, how about you?" - she speaks to me through the bottle before taking a sip.

"I don't even know how I feel yet. I guess I am the corpse."

"there is a way to find out," she says standing up.

"while you may be a corpse, we shall see if there is a pulse for only the living dance to the beat of the heart, and my hearth is telling me to drag your sorry ass and show you the moves."

She takes me by the arm, her wet hair slapping my face as she pushes us through the dance floor, she smells of wildberries shampoo and sweat, her body is lite in her feet, the jukebox stops and the band begins to play, fast rock, she jumps, she feels the drums, she screams on the top of her voice lyrics I do not know, she screams them to my face, her voice the only sound that actually matters in the chaos of this place, she takes me by my arm, she closes her hand on mine and pulls my hand with all my body down so that she can scream on it as a microphone.

Rain still falls, the sound of the storm on rhythm with the noise of the band, whatever music they are playing, it is barely a distraction from the show this unknown girl is making just to take my mind off the things that no longer matter, as she shows me how it is to live fast and the joys of being young.

Her breath smells of the beer we shared, I jump with her and pull her close to me, twirl her with my hand, hands up in the air, my other arm closing in on her.

The lights fade.

The lights are completely gone. The sound as well.

A black out. The typical scream of a scared girl is heard somewhere in the crowd.

The band calls for everyone to calm down, the barman does the same.

I have this unknown girl in my arms, close to me, I do not know when I got her this close, I feel her breath on my neck.

"Well, now we know you are not a corpse, but there is a part of you that is stiff as one, or is that a gun I feel?"

"Ian"

"I guess that is your name, Heidi"

"Nice to meet" I can not finish the sentence, she pulls me closer to her, kisses me, and I feel desired once again, I feel her hand fumbling beneath my shirt into my naked chest, one hand over my neck.

"Nice to eat ya" she says when she lets go of my face, breathing heavily.

The vocal of the band screams over the mumbles of the crowd and an acoustic guitar begins to play.

"I do not know you, but I know I love this. This moment, this place, this time, and what we are about to do in this dark and crowded bar, as everyone sings along an acoustic cover of an Oasis song."

"is that what it is, sorry, but If you are not singing I do not care what song it is"

"how about you show me your instrument, and I show  you how loud I can sing." She says as she pulls me out of the crowd and into a more private corner in the bar, not far from the stage, my fly already open, and a condom in her mouth  which she pulled from between her breasts. 

In one night, in less than two hours, I had been dumped, hit on, had a date and the wildest sex in my life.

She may be gone by the time the lights come back. But the memories of this night will stay with me the rest of my life, specially her voice as she sang wonderwall between orgasms.

Comentarios

Entradas populares