The fantastical journal of a Bureaucrat. Febraury 1st 2018

I began this experiment a few years back, when I was in a dead end job as a mid level bureaucrat. It was an escape and a writing excersise. I shall re take it and make share this journey through this irreverent world that is not Mexico but something of what my country would be if it was a sort of RPG.

I shall begin with today and upload previous entries in the following days.

February 1st. 2018. year of the Dark Lords.

It was a day.

That is the way to put it.

I did many things today, not exactly the parts of my routine but things.

The day began by my trying not to jerk off and succeeding. Wiii, then father came as I was half reading Lies of Locke Lamora in the morning and gave me a quest for the day.

I was to go to the closest market and trade this piece of paper for different services, the service to summon the voice of my allies and enemies from the crystal device. To pay the bank of soulless ghouls for our right of housing. Those guys give me the creeps with their dead stare, sleek uniform and hair and all the life sucked out of them, tied with chains to their counters. I have been lucky to avoid that fate.

But when I got to change with the alchemist she told me the paper was inadequate and it was lacking in time and soul. So I could not pay for the things that we needed.

Turns out the summoning circle had failed and the transfer was incomplete. Father was pissed off with the ghouls of our bank.

I laid in wait in purgatory for my number to come out and tell me all of this, it was specially excruciating because the communication crystal had summoned the ghost of my ex girlfriend who ran away with a blob of slime to another plane of existence. It was excruciating because we had broken up back in October and now she had not talked to me ever since. I have mixed feelings about her. Not sure of what she desires, not sure of what I want either.

I became a sorcerer-scribe since then. Leaving the world of day-dwelling to a better world of inter-universe-peeking and spell-story-casting.

Anyway, it was an intrascendental conversation and I moved on with the others affairs of the day.

I left the market and bank in honourable defeat of an unaccomplished quest and went on with the next one of the day. Pick up my little sister from the temple where she is studying to become a bard.

I traded a bit of my time with the cute dairy merchant and acquired the sustenance for the day.

Then, as my mother was feeling unwell, it was up to me to take my little sister to the dancers guild, yes she is multi-classing as a bard-dancer.

I engaged in conversation with a dancer healer that helped me in the past, friend of my mother. As always she was interesting, as well as her young spawn, whom I taught the song of entertainment so that he could not fall victim to the spell of boredom.

The day ended with me wondering what the fuck with the interplane relationships, the idea of engaging into a boring sexual relationship with a young wounded healer, and speaking with father about how his venture with the bank ghouls went.

Then came the night. I was meant to go with a sorcereress friend of mine to help me revise my spells but the presence of my father did not allow so.

I traded that for a bit of physical training and learning more about spellcasting, a bit about the affairs of the universe and teaching the young healer the way of the OwOism, though she is not very much into it, same reason I am sure it is a bad idea to engage beyond simple amenities with her.

The training went well, my stamina has raised, strenght as well, apparently stamina and strenght influence intelligence, who would have thought?

I took a warm shower, dined like a king with little olives and sincronizadas, a mug of hot chocolatl and an apple bread with coffee. All of this while enjoying one more story before getting to work.

I keep the influence of the darkness at bay by meditation and managing to work on my first long spell, I finally got around the part where I was stuck.

It is late, I finally finished with the events of the day, the winter dragon has not been kind but thanks to my training I barely feel the cold, though I feel pain in my body due to the same training.

Also, I got hired as a freelance spellcaster, not the kind I would hope but in my old job, the magical bureaucracy.

That is it for today. Good night.

Love. V.


OwO. 

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares