On Visions

Why should I work as a pawn to make the visions of others, their corruption, their greed, come to fruitition?

If I am going to work, I will do it for myself, to see my vision come true, to get to witness where my rights and wrongs take me. To force my will into the world and change it for the better.

I grew up watching a framed print, stored in the bathroom, every time I sat down to shit, every time I walked to wash my hands, I saw it, standing sideways by the sink, it was a blue portrait in a muralist style of Luis Donaldo Colosio, the last honest politician of Mexico, it read "We inherited the world from our parents, but we have borrowed from our children." That is the  truest sentence of past, present and future, and how we interact with earth. We all received this world not in the best state. No one, but there will always be someone  after we are gone, and it is our responsibility to make it slightly better than we received it.

That moves me, that has driven me and made me depressive sometimes as I have felt my own failings pile up. But every  once in a while, I remember that I have something to do in this life, even if it is on my own, I remember that even if I don't have children, even if I suffer and people leave and give up. I can't, there are other people younger than me, there are people that need hope and a better brighter future. There are things that need to be done. There are things to be said, and finally, I believe with my writing I can begin to do both.

And with all that in mind, I am tired of doing things for people who don't care, for people who are more into money than people, for people who keep digging this country deeper in the mud when this could be the time for us to surface as the power of the world we can be, we have the people, we have the resources, we only need to believe we can.

We can get out of the dark and this swamp of oil and blood. 


That is just a bit of what I see. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares